The global data analytics market is projected to increase to $133 billion by 2026, resulting in high demand for new professionals to enter this growing field. Business intelligence (BI) is a branch of data analytics that supports the process of converting raw data into actionable business and operational insight for improved decision-making and enhanced organizational efficiencies. The field encompasses techniques such as query generation, data mining, data modeling and analysis, creation of dashboards and visualization charts, and production of analytics reports.
This program introduces students to the field of Business Intelligence (BI), with an emphasis on descriptive analytics. Coursework includes training on the use of products such as Advanced Excel, SQL, Microsoft Power BI, and Tableau to collect, extract, mine, analyze, visualize, and present business data. It employs applied training techniques with students forming data analytics teams to solve business problems and identify solutions. It practically applies learned concepts to real-world cases to prepare graduates to enter this thriving field.
After successfully completing this certificate program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of BI, potential applications of BI, and its role in the field of data analytics
- Practice data collection, data mining, and data loading by using applicable advanced features of Excel
- Apply the basics of SQL, its applicable data commands, basics of database queries, data aggregation, sorting, grouping, and summarization
- Apply the fundamentals of data mining, applicable techniques, functionalities, algorithms, and major challenges in the practice of data mining and descriptive data analytics
- Practice presentation and visualization techniques and storytelling using Tableau
- Define data relevancy, pattern recognition, trend analysis, and relationships among data elements and clusters
- Apply learning to real-world business projects
- Employ data analytics to gain insight into business operations, solve problems and create solutions for corporate and organizational issues
- Produce evidence-based, tactical, and strategic decisions toward organizational viability and competitiveness