2737 - Human Resources Management: Fostering an Inclusive and Equitable Culture Certificate
In this post-Covid era, companies are facing huge challenges like the ‘great resignation' and 'quiet quitting'. Highly qualified and skilled HR professionals are essential for companies to maneuver these challenges and foster a healthy culture in their organizations. Successfully navigating complex HR laws and current regulations regarding compensation, employment law, recruitment, benefits, risk management and more requires significant expertise.
Our certificate program is designed for those that are new to the human resources profession or are looking for an effective way to boost HR management skills and knowledge. We utilize SHRM Essentials of Human Resource Management materials -- developed by leading HR experts and legal counsel – to cover a multitude of HR topics in a streamlined, hybrid format. In addition to instructor-led class sessions, students will also complete several self-paced modules related to performance management, SMART goals, and supporting a remote workforce.
Emory Continuing Education is an HRCI (Human Resources Certification Institute) Approved Provider.
Note: Books are included in tuition for this program and should arrive to the address listed on your account the week prior to class start. It is recommended that students register at least two weeks prior to the start of class in order to avoid shipping delays.
What will be covered:
- Human Resource Management
- Employment Law
- Recruitment and Selection
- Compensation and Benefits
- Performance Management
- SMART Goals
- Employee Development
- SHRM Test review, presentation and assignment
- Risk in the Workplace
- HR Systems and Technology
- Leading Inclusively and Equitably
- Building and Supporting a Remote Workforce
After this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the human resources function in an organization and that of the HR practitioner
- Obtain the latest knowledge of HR laws and acquire diverse strategies for risk management in the workplace
- Effectively and fairly: interview, recruit, retain, and develop employees
- Ensure quality performance measures and assessment processes for employees
- Discover various types of compensation and pay for performance programs as well as benefit programs and government mandated benefits
- Achieve measurable employee development and retention goals
- Describe the elements of a workplace that values diversity, equality, equity and inclusion
- Apply software tools and tips for the most efficient execution of HR practices
- Develop a personal action plan