Knitting is a versatile skill and a rewarding activity, and there is very little that is more satisfying than creating something with your own hands. But getting started without instruction can be discouraging. This course covers the basics of knitting, teaching you how to choose your materials, read knitting patterns, and create several different simple projects. Through a series of videos, an expert knitter will walk you through the basic stitches that are the building blocks for even the most complicated patterns, and you will soon be on your way to knitting with confidence.
Please note: Access to this course will be granted as soon as possible but may take up to 1 business day.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Select the right tools and materials for basic knitting projects
- Start a knitting project by casting on
- Identify different types of stitches
- Name key terminology used in knitting patterns
- Follow a knitting pattern to complete a project
- End a knitting project by casting off