One well-known business saying is that you can't manage what you can't measure. With the growing importance of sustainable management, business leaders must find the appropriate tools and techniques for measuring their organization's sustainability performance. This course reviews the measurement of sustainable management practices and performance.
This course grants 0.3 CEUs for successful completion. Students have 90 days from the day they are granted access to complete this course.
Please note: Access to this course will be granted as soon as possible but may take up to 1 business day
After this class, you will be able to:
- Explain how managers can model and measure sustainable management practices
- Discuss how strategic performance measurements, including the balanced scorecard and Shareholder Value Analysis, can be employed in looking at corporate sustainability efforts
- Outline how accounting systems, including activity-based costing, life-cycle costing, and full cost accounting can be used in assessing sustainability
- Understand methods of calculating return on investment for sustainability decisions and green capital investments
- Discuss measuring and reporting sustainability to government and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs)
- Recognize best practices for measuring sustainable management efforts