Course DescriptionIn today's world, maintaining a self-sufficient lifestyle can have wide-ranging benefits—we'll equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to get started growing your own food! Maintaining a food garden is a lost art, but previous generations often took full advantage of this practice to survive and thrive.
Whether you live in a one-room studio or on a multi-acre estate, we can create strategies to plan and plant a food garden to fit your lifestyle, region, and specific growing conditions. Worried about your lack of expertise? We'll walk you through each step of the process—by the end of the course, your newly-developed green thumb will be the amazement of your neighbors, family, friends and yourself!
CLICK HERE FOR SUPPLY LIST
Learner OutcomesAfter completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of food gardening
- Plan and begin a viable food garden
- Discuss/define/apply the concept of container gardening
- Apply techniques to produce sprouts and microgreens
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of different types of gardens
- Identify resources for reference and continued learning
Enroll Now - Select a section below
Required fields are indicated by .