1341 - English Pronunciation: Polishing Your American Accent - Part 1
Course DescriptionThe international speaker of English can greatly improve pronunciation with the assistance of this professional speech-language pathologist. Each student will have the opportunity to practice new pronunciations with direct feedback from the instructor. As students focus on changing pronunciation, they also acquire American formal and informal expressions in a relaxed, workshop-style course setting. The textbook is included, which will be handed out at the first meeting. Limited to 15.
What will be covered:
- Recognition of the difference between the targeted American English sounds and error productions
- Pronunciation of a number of sounds the American way in isolation, words and sentences
- Inclusion of these new productions in oral reading and in your spontaneous speech
- Introduction of American formal and informal expressions
Learner OutcomesAfter this class, you will be able to:
- Recognize the difference between the targeted American English sounds and error productions
- Pronounce a number of sounds the American way in isolation, words and sentences
- Begin to include these new productions in your spontaneous speech
Required fields are indicated by .