1307 - Advanced Revision Workshop
Revision isn't just about grammar and syntax—many other choices are critically important: Where should you begin your story or essay? What point of view should you use? What verb tense will work best? During this workshop, our instructor—an experienced editor and writer—will provide valuable constructive feedback for participants and their respective works.
This course is designed for students in the Creative Writing Certificate and must be completed last—after all other required courses and electives. Students not currently enrolled in the Creative Writing Certificate will be considered for admission to this course on a case-by-case basis.
- Students currently in the program will need to submit 4,000-8,000 words of their work-in-progress.
- Students who are not in our program will need to submit a 4,000-8,000 word writing sample.
- Submit your sample as part of this application.
Registration for this course ends two weeks before the start date to allow for all student submissions to be reviewed and for students admitted to the course.
CLICK HERE FOR FIRST REQUIRED BOOK
CLICK HERE FOR SECOND REQUIRED BOOK
Learner OutcomesAfter completing this course, you will be able to:
- Revise your writing sample (4,000-8,000 words) over the course of our class after receiving constructive feedback from your instructor and peers
- Break down your revision step-by-step by focusing on strengthening the narrative elements learned over the course of your classes
- Identify the story you are trying to tell
- Define your unique voice and style
- Recognize your strengths and weaknesses as you move forward with your writing
- Recognize the importance of reading to your growth as a writer
- Develop a plan for moving forward with your writing project
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Creative Writing Certificate : Core Courses
Students wishing to take this course must complete this application by submitting a writing sample and having it approved by the instructor.