1281 - Talent Management and Career Development
Delivery Options Online (Self-paced)
Course DescriptionDrawing on material from Harvard Business School professor D. Quinn Mills' book, Principles of Human Resource Management, this introductory-level self-paced course covers the challenges and issues that organizations face in developing and retaining their employees.
This course grants 0.3 CEUs for successful completion. Students have 90 days from the day they are granted access to complete this course.
Please note: Access to this course will be granted as soon as possible but may take up to 1 business day
Learner OutcomesAfter this class, you will be able to:
- Understand and effectively communicate the value of a career development program
- Describe the five stages in the career life cycle (Beginning, Developing, Mid-Career, Mastery and Maintenance, Retirement), and the needs an employee has at each stage of the cycle
- Outline the tools for career development (training, education, job rotation, transfers, overseas assignments, mentoring, networking, volunteer work, formal career planning)
- Understand the issues HR departments face with career management
- Evaluate employee skill gaps as part of a training needs analysis
- Understand the various types of job training and the strengths and weaknesses of each
- Understand the circumstances that call for managerial coaching and apply it effectively
- Apply knowledge of leadership styles and management techniques to leadership development
Enroll Now - Select a section below
Required fields are indicated by .