Public speaking is one of the most common anxiety-inducing experiences. Whether delivering a speech in front of a large audience or having a direct conversation with one or two other people, we often allow stress and nerves to impede our ability to deliver a clear message. This course is designed to help learners understand the causes and signs of speaking anxiety and learn practical ways to address their speaking fears.
Students have 90 days from the day they are granted access to complete this course.
Please note: Access to this course will be granted as soon as possible but may take up to 1 business day
After this class, you will be able to:
- Define speaking anxiety
- Identify the common signs and symptoms of speaking anxiety
- Explain the typical causes of speaking anxiety
- Discuss the role of self-confidence in combatting speaking anxiety
- Practice confidence building strategies
- Explain and demonstrate relaxation techniques, such as equalized breathing, tension release, and visualization
- Consider how to manage anxiety in one-on-one and small group interactions
- Identify tips and tools for handling anxiety when delivering a speech in front of a large audience
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Business Communications Certificate : Elective Courses