This is a self-paced, introductory-level course designed to both build a foundation of essential skills in Microsoft Word and to gain a greater understanding of its interface and design elements. The course focuses on mastering the fundamental tasks performed in Word, including writing, proofing, finalizing, and printing a document.
This course grants 3 PDUs for successful completion. Students have 90 days from the day they are granted access to complete this course.
Please note: Access to this course will be granted as soon as possible but may take up to 1 business day
After this class, you will be able to:
- Identify the interface components of a Word document
- Summarize the purpose of a Word document
- Choose appropriate customization options for the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Change the font, typeface, document, and paragraph formats
- Demonstrate proficiency with document and paragraph layout formats
- Change themes and styles to match the document's purpose
- Use track changes, word count, and spell check
- Create a formatted, proofed, and printed Word document