This self-paced course introduces learners to Microsoft's project management software, MS Project. Learners, particularly aspiring project managers, are provided a step-by-step tutorial on mastering basic functions that are essential for any project. MS Project is a popular tool for project managers that allows them to develop schedules, allocate resources and duties to specific tasks, and track a project's progression. It also allows managers to oversee the budget and analyze workloads.
This introductory course will focus on the Microsoft Office 2019 version of MS Project. Learners are required to have access to MS Project 2019 in order to complete this course.
This course grants 3 PDUs for successful completion. Students have 90 days from the day they are granted access to complete this course.
Please note: Access to this course will be granted as soon as possible but may take up to 1 business day
After this class, you will be able to:
- Define important terms and concepts used in project management and MS Project
- Develop a blank project from scratch
- Describe what tabs are and how to navigate within them
- Create and modify a task list
- Describe auto and manual scheduling and when to use each
- Demonstrate how to use calendar functions and schedule tasks
- Use task views, the timeline, and zoom slider functions
- Format projects by copying and pasting and by adding hyperlinks
- Format bar and Gantt charts and prepare project elements for printing
- Generate a variety of reports using custom and premade templates
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Management Certificate (Live Online) : Elective Courses