Course DescriptionTo be successful and move ahead in his or her career, a manager must understand how to manage people, including motivating workers and coordinating their activities. This course will explain how the goals, empowerment, measurement system of management can be employed and how organization structures differ. The course will also cover the difficulty of discipline while trying to maintain productivity and momentum.
This course grants 5 PDUs for successful completion. Students have 90 days from the day they are granted access to complete this course.
Please note: Access to this course will be granted as soon as possible but may take up to 1 business day
Learner OutcomesAfter this class, you will be able to:
- Describe how managers must handle people—subordinates, peers, superiors, and customers—to achieve goals
- Explain how delegation is a key tool for managing
- Discuss the role of emotional intelligence (EI) in managing
- Understand your own attitudes toward empowering management
- Describe the major organizational structures and the differences between them
- Explain the different factors that motivate workers and how a manager can use them to improve employee performance
- Identify the defining characteristics, benefits, and unique challenges of empowered teams
- Explain how coaching employees is a vital part of managing in any organization
- Discuss the challenges of discipline and how a manager should deal with such situations
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Essentials of Supervision Certificate : Core Courses
Enroll Now - Select a section below
Required fields are indicated by .