Course DescriptionThis course is required to complete the Paralegal Certificate and is offered multiple times throughout the year. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
This course provides the foundation for finding legal authority, conducting legal analysis, and writing basic legal memoranda.
CLICK HERE FOR REQUIRED BOOK
After this class, you will be able to:
- Identify and distinguish the differences between primary and secondary legal authority
- Conduct online research using Westlaw software
- Use proper Bluebook citation format for both primary and secondary legal authority
- Research primary authority and conduct legal analysis based on a given fact pattern
- Author a closed-legal memorandum
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Paralegal Certificate : Core Courses
Paralegal Certificate Application
This course is open only to students in our Paralegal Certificate program. You will not be able to register by clicking "Add to Cart" below until your application for the Paralegal Certificate program is approved.
Enroll Now - Select a section below
Required fields are indicated by .