Introduction to Power BI is a foundational, hands-on training course designed for individuals interested in using Microsoft Power BI as a Business Intelligence and analytics tool. The course will be delivered through lectures with demonstrations, followed by hands-on practice in Power BI workbooks using datasets from business settings. The program culminates with a capstone project that blends the learning from the course.
Students will learn data analysis and visualization capabilities of Power BI, including preparing, visualizing, and publishing data analysis results. This hands-on training program integrates data exploration practices by using powerful visualizations tools available in Power BI. Students will have access to online datasets, sample Power BI reports and dashboards, and other training material throughout the course.
Due to the nature of this course, it is recommended that students have awareness of data concepts and experience using Excel. Students must also:
- Have access to a Windows PC with Windows 10 operating system to complete hands-on lab exercises
- Install Power BI Desktop before class and create an account to access Power BI Service
Learner OutcomesAfter this course, students will be able to:
- Create and share dashboards and reports
- Perform data exploration and visualization
- Connect to external data files and databases
- Clean and transform data
- Create relational data models
- Schedule data and reports refresh