Course DescriptionThis course is designed for current and soon-to-be managers seeking to understand the foundations of effective management. Managers are employed across industries, functions, and organizational structures to oversee different-sized departments, teams, and groups of workers. However, there are fundamental tools, techniques, skills, and competencies that can help all managers navigate workplace relationships, coach and mentor employees, and lead high-performing teams in accordance with HR laws and managerial best practices. This course will dive into these topics and test acquired knowledge through exercises, games, review checkpoints, and a final assessment.
This course grants 3 PDUs for successful completion. Students have 90 days from the day they are granted access to complete this course.
Please note: Access to this course will be granted as soon as possible but may take up to 1 business day
Learner OutcomesAfter this class, you will be able to:
- Identify key strategies for managing people, including remote workers
- Distinguish between managers and individual contributors as well as the various types of organizational structures
- Describe the process of hiring, training, and developing employees and memorize key HR laws
- Support an empowered team and promote high employee performance
- Identify the various types of difficult employee behavior and understand when to coach, discipline, or terminate an employee
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence and identify strategies for in-person and virtual communication
- Determine what should occur before, during, and after a meeting
- Approach negotiation thoughtfully by considering the negotiation type and employing tools like reservation price, ZOPA, and BATNA
- Demonstrate time management skills, including prioritization and setting SMART goals
- Support change initiatives within your organization and minimize employee resistance
Enroll Now - Select a section below
Required fields are indicated by .