Course DescriptionImproving Your Listening Skills provides individuals with the key to clear communication through developing an understanding of effective listening techniques. This session is designed to help people understand their priorities and biases in a conversation, the unspoken messages they send to others when listening, and all of the information they might be missing without ever realizing it. Further, participants are given the practice they need to hone their skills in five distinct listening approaches and internalize the situations that call for each. And ultimately, people come away with the communication skills they need to build more synchronized, productive relationships.
Completion of a brief, online assessment prior to the course is required; to ensure timely analysis, we recommend enrolling at least 3-5 days prior to course start date.
Learner OutcomesAfter this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of developing good listening skills by reflecting on their past listening experiences
- Discover the five different listening approaches used in communication and the specific characteristics of each approach
- Discover their most natural listening approaches
- Explore their strengths and challenges as listeners
- Identify effective listening approaches and behaviors, and practice modifying their listening approaches to meet the communication needs of team members
- Create action plans to improve their ability to communicate effectively to all team members by using different listening approaches
Required fields are indicated by .