Course DescriptionWhen faced with a crisis, such as a natural disaster, terrorist attack, or pandemic disease, organizations must consider the safety and well-being of their employees. Learn how businesses respond before, during, and after crises and the critical role that human resource (HR) professionals play in this process. Explore both short-term and long-term responses, including management reorganizations and protocols for employees in essential and nonessential industries. This course also examines how effective communication strategies, health and wellness programs, insurance options, and government actions help businesses respond to and recover from crises.
Students have 90 days from the day they are granted access to complete this course.
Please note: Access to this course will be granted as soon as possible but may take up to 1 business day
Learner OutcomesAfter this class, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between different kinds of crises and their impacts
- Summarize safety precautions taken before, during, and after crises
- Explain how crises affect workforces
- Describe effective communication strategies used during crises
- Explain management reorganizations used during crises
- Identify causes of stress and anxiety associated with crises
- Explain health and wellness programs for employees
- Describe available benefits and insurance changes
- Summarize how federal acts and government benefits impact businesses affected by crises
- Describe the role of human resources in facilitating workplace transitions
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Human Resources Management Certificate : Elective Courses
Enroll Now - Select a section below
Required fields are indicated by .