Course DescriptionManagers who lead and manage through coaching—providing encouragement, feedback, and support—are more successful in "working through others." This course focuses on the skills and techniques of positive coaching in an organizational setting including listening actively, providing constructive feedback based on observation, reinforcing positive employee performance through recognition and praise, and teaching new skills.
This course grants 3 PDUs for successful completion. Students have 90 days from the day they are granted access to complete this course.
Please note: Access to this course will be granted as soon as possible but may take up to 1 business day
Learner OutcomesAfter this class, you will be able to:
- Explain how coaching employees is a vital part of managing in any organization
- Distinguish between managerial coaching, executive coaching, and personal coaching
- Identify the triggers for coaching and recognize characteristics of coachability
- Describe the five-step coaching process
- Explain the SMART technique of goal setting
- Explain the USED and GROW models for coaching
- Discuss the monitoring and follow-up coaching process
- Explain the differences between mentoring and coaching
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Essentials of Supervision Certificate : Elective Courses
Enroll Now - Select a section below
Required fields are indicated by .