1099 - Excel: Formulas and Functions
We designed this course for current users of Microsoft Office and Excel who want to improve and elevate their skillset in Excel's powerful functions. We will learn introductory, intermediate, and advanced functions/formulas. The introductory, aggregate functions include SUM, AVERAGE, COUNT, COUNTA, and TODAY functions. The Intermediate functions include PMT and CONCATENATE. Advanced functions include VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP, SUMIFS, AVERAGEIFS, DSUM, DCOUNT, and IF...THEN...ELSE.
Audience: We designed this course for current, experienced users of Excel who want to know more about formulas and functions. This is NOT a course for beginners.
Software: This course is intended for Microsoft Office 2016/2019 and Microsoft 365.
Format: This class is offered in a HyFlex format. Students can choose to attend online or in-person at our Century Center location. Please register for the option that best suits your needs.
Lesson 1: Formula/Functions Syntax and Referencing
Lesson 2: Introductory Formulas and Functions
Lesson 3: Name Box and Name Manager
Lesson 4: Intermediate Functions
Lesson 5: Advanced Functions
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Create and edit basic, intermediate, and advance functions with ease
- Use all of the cell references in Excel—Relative, Absolute/Mixed, and 3-D
- Develop results with functions based on criteria
- Employ the Name Box and Name manager for cell referencing and productivity in Excel
- Use Introductory functions—SUM, AVERAGE, COUNT, and TODAY
- Use Intermediate functions—PMT and CONCATENATE
- Build drop down lists and error alerts using Data Validation
- Use Advanced functions—VLOOKUP/HLOOKUP, SUMIFS, DSUM, and IF-THEN-ELSE.