This course addresses the issues human resources employees or supervisors face daily from legal matters to selecting qualified employees. The course includes the SHRM Essentials of Human Resource Management curriculum, offering a comprehensive overview of human resource roles and responsibilities. If you are just starting out in the human resources profession, or are looking for an effective way to boost your employee management skills, this is the course for you.
Note: Books are provided for this course but may take 2-3 business days for shipping. Register early to avoid delays.
What will be covered:
Learner OutcomesAfter this class, you will be able to:
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the human resources function in an organization and that of the HR practitioner
- Understand which human resources laws affect HR departments and operations of the organization
- Effectively and fairly: interview, recruit, retain, and develop employees
- Ensure quality performance measures and assessment processes for employees
- Introduction to various types of compensation and pay for performance programs as well as benefit programs and government mandated benefits
- Achieve measurable employee development and retention goals
- Comprehend and minimize workplace risk management
- Appreciate and utilize HR Systems and Technology
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Human Resources Management Certificate : Core Course