Course DescriptionStakeholders becoming disconnected from projects can lead to cost overruns, schedule delays, poor quality, lack of scope management, and rework—and these problems often result from poor communication. Utilizing effective communication skills, tools, and techniques to set and maintain expectations with all stakeholders provides a cohesive project environment and a better chance for success. Participants will learn how to improve project communications through a combination of role-play, lecture, and exercises, as well as how to develop and implement a comprehensive communications management plan. These skills can help you become a more effective communicator while improving the likelihood of success for your projects.
Lesson 1. Foundational Elements of Communications
Lesson 2.Plan Communications Management
Lesson 3.Manage Communications
Lesson 4.Control Communications
Learner OutcomesAfter completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the key foundational elements of communications management and communications models (e.g. Linear; Interactive; and Transactional) that may be applicable to a project
- Explain the role of and components of a Communications Management Plan on a project, as well as the project manager's role in managing project communications
- Conduct a stakeholder analysis
- Create a Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- Describe the types of status reporting required for projects
- Explain the importance of capturing lessons learned and conducting a project close-out review
- Apply common tools and techniques to manage project communications, including negotiation and conflict
- management and resolution
Enroll Now - Select a section below
Required fields are indicated by .