1070 - Discovering Your Strengths Workshop
Course DescriptionEach of us has talents and strengths that we bring with us every day, whether we use them or not. Learn precisely what strengths you have, and then learn how to leverage those strengths to be a better co-worker and a better individual. Assessments, like "running with scissors," can be dangerous in the wrong hands. But using the results of your personalized CliftonStrengths assessment, your instructor will guide you through the steps that can help you to achieve the most from what's revealed about you by that assessment. In turn, you, your team, and those around you can all unleash the power that comes from this newly gained knowledge.
Lesson 1. Introduction
- Why Strengths?
- What the research says
Lesson 2. Name Your Strengths
- "Unpacking" the CliftonStrengths Assessment
- Reviewing the results of the assessment
- Identifying the dominant area of personal focus
Lesson 3. Claim What You Do Well
- Strengths in action: describing how your top themes work for you and appear to your co-workers, friends and family as you are engaged in ideal situations and stressed situations
- Crafting a personal mission statement
Lesson 4. Focus on Applying Your Strengths
- How to "aim" your strengths
- What to share with co-workers, friends and family
- Visioning for the future
Lesson 5. Create Your Plan!
- Create a sustainability plan to ensure the application of your strengths
Learner OutcomesAfter this class, you will be able to:
- State the talents and strengths they bring to their workplace and their daily lives
- Embrace the talents and opportunities that are characteristic of their strengths
- Identify how to perform better, by applying their talents, strengths and opportunities with those of others who possess complementary strengths
- Create a plan to ensure their strength insights are applied in intentional ways
Required fields are indicated by .