Course DescriptionEffective collaboration—whether at the individual, team or enterprise level—sparks creative problem solving and generates positive ROI for organizations. Individuals, teams, and leaders can all take specific steps to ensure that the working environment supports—rather than forces—elements and concepts of teamwork in order to help support company growth and development objectives. Participants in our highly interactive workshop will assess personal strengths and challenges while exploring workplace partnership models from three unique perspectives—individual, team, and cross-functional—within various job settings (virtual, in-person, and blended). Students will also identify useful strategies to achieve common goals, including increased trust levels as well as the identification of mutually beneficial relationships both inside and outside the organization. Businesses can ill afford to ignore the critical benefits of successful collaboration in today's hypercompetitive work environment—don't get left behind.
Lesson 1. Introductions and Experience
- Understand the conditions that must be present to enable collaboration with yourself and the people you work with
- Identify various forms of collaboration and the forces currently driving the need for increased collaboration
- Overcome barriers to collaboration
Lesson 2. Collaboration Begins with You
- Complete a self-assessment of collaboration skills/competencies and identify the strengths and challenges of their approach to collaboration
- Face questions of “Why would people seek you out to collaborate?” and “What makes you difficult to collaborate with?”
- Build an action plan to leverage collaboration strengths and address the challenges identified in this section
- Use negotiation-based scenarios, participants will learn and practice communication approaches that create a collaborative environment
Lesson 3. Creating a Collaborative Team
- Review the fundamentals of a collaborative team in various work environments including virtual, in-person or blended.
- Develop a set of team operating agreements that define how team members interact with each other to ensure that trust is built, and conflict remains productive.
Lesson 4. Collaborate Outside the Team
- Explore how to ensure collaborative teams work outside their areas. Participants map out and assess the individual and total team levels of influence present in their networks. They then learn how to create mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues outside the team.
- Review the day, question and answer period, and final comments.
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Explore collaboration from different work environment perspectives
- Experience a collaboration challenge first-hand, to examine effective and ineffective ways people work toward a common goal
- Identify internal and external forces driving increased collaborative work
- Assess personal strengths and challenges associated with working collaboratively
- Re-frame conflicts as opportunities for constructive, problem-solving conversations to make collaboration easier
- Develop increased trust levels on the team to support a collaborative environment
- Identify mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues within and outside your organization
Enroll Now - Select a section below
Required fields are indicated by .