Interested in creating beautiful landscapes that draw praise and envy from your neighbors? Knowledge is the first step. Our Landscape Design Certificate program provides both foundational and cutting-edge concepts as well as techniques for creating functional, crowd-pleasing landscape plans for any type of budget.
Analyze existing residential landscapes, create a base map, and select the right plants and hardscapes to perfectly match the design. The instructor—an actively working landscape design professional—will share tips from over a decade of designing and installing award-winning landscapes to help build your expertise.
After successfully completing this program, students will be able to:
- “Read” an existing residential landscape and create a base map to guide the design
- Create an artistic conceptual landscape design that addresses site conditions and homeowner needs
- Articulate the science behind the artfully finished design in a final presentation
- Choose appropriate hardscapes that match design intent
- Know how to select adaptable plants to fit the design
- Add color to make the plan “pop”
TEXTBOOK AND SUPPLIES
Supplies and textbooks are not included in the tuition but are recommended for this program.
Residential Landscape Architecture (Booth and Hiss, 7th Edition) is recommended for this certificate.