Event Planning is a blend of art and science – come explore both the aesthetic details which make events sparkle as well as the behind-the-scenes logistics which make events safe and functional. Successful event planners skillfully handle challenges and opportunities related to logistics, catering, audio-visual, design and décor, safety regulations and more. Learn how to effectively manage and implement these elements in order to generate positive return on investment (ROI) for your clients while maintaining a solid reputation for your business.
After successfully completing this program, students will be able to:
- Create top-quality events, from conception to execution
- Coordinate the technical aspects of an event
- Develop effective event objectives, including timeline, budget, and program
- Design an experience that enhances the event and supports the event messaging
- Solve event logistical issues including parking, safety, security, and others
- Optimize a food and beverage budget
- Execute an event utilizing best practices and proper business ethics
- Explore options for gaining event planning experience
- Identify the best practices involved in taking charge on-site and ensuring a successful relationship with staff, clients, and vendors
There are no prerequisites for joining this program.