Human Resource (HR) employees often face a wide range of issues each day, ranging from legal matters to selecting qualified employees. Successfully navigating complex HR laws and current regulations regarding compensation, employment law, recruitment, benefits, risk management and more requires significant expertise.
Our core class utilizes SHRM Essentials of Human Resource Management materials -- developed by leading HR experts and legal counsel -- to cover a multitude of HR topics in a condensed, straightforward format. Best practices for performance management and employee development will also be discussed. Emory Continuing Education is an HRCI (Human Resources Certification Institute) Approved Provider.
After successfully completing this program, students will be able to:
- Identify best practices in recruitment & selection, performance management, and employee development
- Obtain the latest knowledge of HR laws and acquire diverse strategies for risk management in the workplace
- Discover different compensation and benefits packages
- Apply software tools and tips for the most efficient execution of HR practices
- Create plans for the resolution of your organization’s challenges
Students interested in this program should have already earned a bachelor's degree or possess equivalent professional work experience.